Canadian Kawasaki Motors is the sole distributor of Kawasaki Motorcycles, Side x Sides, ATVs, and Jet Skis within Canada and continues to be a market leader in these product categories.
Located in east Toronto, ON, the successful candidate will be working at our Canadian headquarters and reporting directly to the Brand, Communications, and Brand Strategist.
Our lineup includes motorcycles, Jet Ski, ATV, and side-by-sides. The successful applicant will have an affinity for motorcycles and powersports, and explain why they'd be a great fit in a cover letter.
Marketing and Event Coordinator - Job Description
· Assist in the design, development, and content creation of marketing materials to ensure effective communication of brand strategies
· Work with external vendors to; coordinate projects, ensure quality control, finalize proofs, order products based off historical and projected use
· Review and maintain inventory levels of marketing and event materials to ensure adequate stock and prompt removal of dated materials.
· Review competitor websites, P.O.P materials and advertising to provide feedback on future projects and potential direction
· Maintain internal and media database with current images, ads, specifications, etc.
Trade Shows and Events
Organize and facilitate required CKM presence at planned events
Liaise with trade show management, Kawasaki and Trade show provider to ensure that all requirements are met and execution is seamless
Coordinate booth set up times, dismantle and assets with third-party vendors
Attend selected trade shows and assist with set up, facilitation and tear down of booth
Participate in required events – MX, Road Racing, ATV/SxS, JetSki, etc.
· Maintain and input website data to ensure images, specs, promotions and dealer information is accurate and up to date
· Gather assets and ensure new models, colours, specs and special offers are ready to launch in time with sales programs
· Develop content, graphics, carousels, and banners to promote key models and sales initiatives
· Assist in monitoring budget spend is within forecasted allocation and invoices are submitted
· Working with the marketing team, respond to day-to-day press inquiries and asset requests
· Assist with consumer marketing inquiries
· Assist with the planning and organization of press launches, releases, and events
· Provide general support to the Marketing and Brand Strategist where needed
· Be able to work closely with internal and external staff to ensure a team approach with all projects
· Be available to travel and attended events within Canada to support sales and marketing teams
· Be able to complete tasks involving manual labour
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to confidently present in front of groups and C-Suite
· Post-secondary education in Marketing/Communications/Event Planning or in a relevant discipline
· Minimum 2 years experience in marketing and/or event coordination
· Demonstrated attention to detal
· Have strong conceptual design and copywriting skills with the ability to quickly gain knowledge of products, brand, design, and concepts
· Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Google Analytics, CMS Systems, as well as Facebook and Instagram best practices
· Knowledge of the powersports industry considered an asset
· Bi-lingual considered a strong asset (English/French)
Applicants must include an accompanying cover letter outlining how their skill sets specifically apply to the position, why they want to work for Canadian Kawasaki Motors, and their salary expectation. We thank all applicants but only those considered for the position will be contacted.
The role is offered as a fixed-term contract, covering maternity leave. The full-time contract position works Monday-Friday, 9-5pm on site in east Toronto. The successful candidate will also be available for events outside of these hours and travel.